Polyamory (from English polyamory) are loving interpersonal relationships that refuse to monogamy as a principle or necessity.
In other words, polyamory as an option or way of life, defends the practical and sustainable to be involved responsibly in intimate relationships, with profound and possibly lasting several partners simultaneously.
The Polyamory movement has existed as a visible and organized in the United States over the past twenty years, followed closely by movements in Germany and the UK. Recently, the general press has covered both the polyamory movement itself, whether the episodes connected to it.
In November 2005, held the First International Conference on Polyamory (International Conference on Polyamory & Mono-normativity) in Hamburg, Germany ..
There are several ways to implement, depending on the preferences of stakeholders, and must necessarily involve the consent and trust of all parties involved.
Polyfidelity: involves multiple romantic relationships with sexual contact restricted to specific partners in the group.
Sub-relationships: distinguished relations between "primary" and "secondary" (an example is the most open marriages)
Polygamy (polygyny and polyandry): a house with several people (these may or may not be married or have romantic relationships between them).
Relations Group / wedding group: all members are considered equally.
* Popularized to some extent by Robert A. Heinlein, in novels such as Stranger in a Strange Land and The Moon Is a Harsh Mistress, in his books Starhawk The Fifth Sacred Thing and Walking to Mercury.
Interconnected networks of relationships: one person in particular may have relationships of various kinds with various people.
Relations Mono / Poly: a partner is monogamous, but allows the other has foreign relations.
The so-called geometric arrangements, which are described according to the number of people involved and their connections.
* Examples include "triads" and "blocks" as well as the geometries "V" and "N". The common element of the V is sometimes referred to as "pivot" or "hinge" and the partners are connected indirectly referred to as the "arms". Partners-arm linked more clearly with the pivot partner than among themselves. Situation contrasts with the "triangle" in which all three partners are connected equally. A trio can be a "V", a triangle, or a "T" (a couple with a close relationship between themselves and a more tenuous relationship with the third). The geometry of the relationship may vary over time.
Some people on sex and / or emotional Unique may, nevertheless, self-titled is polyamorous, if they have emotional ties with other relevant people. Additionally, people who describe themselves as polyamorous can enter into monogamous relationships with a partner or because they negotiated the situation, either because they feel good about the situation monogamous with one partner in particular. Some practitioners of polyamory are Swingers.
The term open relationship indicates a stable emotional relationship (usually between two people) in which participants are free to have other partners. If the couple choosing this alternative is married, they are talking about open marriage. "Value open" and "polyamory" are not synonymous.
In layman's terms, "open" refers to a non-exclusive sexual relationship, while polyamory involves the extension of this non-exclusive basis for the affective field to allow the creation of emotional ties outside the primary relationship with some stability.
* Certain relationships define strict rules (eg Polyfidelity), these relationships are polyamorous, but not open.
* Some relationships permit sex outside the primary relationship, but not an emotional connection (as in swing), these relationships are open, but not polyamorous.
* Some polyamorous not accept the dichotomies of "being in a relationship / not in a relationship" and "partners / not partners". Without this separation does not make sense to sort a list of "open" or "closed".
Support Groups and Intervention
Polyamory as a way of life can, in many societies, is against the generally accepted norms of behavior (even when it respects the laws). Thus, its practitioners and / or sympathizers mononormativa under pressure to conform to the standard of behavior.
To help each other or know people with similar lifestyle, supporters and practitioners of polyamory have been constituted in local networks and virtual support, discussion or social intervention (extensively using the internet).
In the latter case, poly-activists seek to intervene in society to which they belong, trying to create a positive image and worthy of respect in the majority society. Moreover, consider that the help and emotional support at times provided there is itself a form of social intervention.
Managed to Portugal and / or Portuguese-speaking communities, there is Poly_Portugal. There are other similar groups in Brazil (add).
See Also: International Flower Delivery, Florist, Flowers Discount Code