* Ask your florist to design a festive arrangement featuring flowers in the traditional Hanukkah blue and white - perfect for a centerpiece or to greet guests on a table in the foyer.
* Use fresh evergreens to decorate around the menorah. Place colorful dreidels and chocolate coins around the table for kids to enjoy.
* If an open house is on the agenda and many persons will be in a room, it is important to give special attention to the larger display areas such as the front door, foyer, mantle, buffet or serving areas, powder rooms, windows and staircase. This will help you get maximum impact because with many people in a room smaller arrangements placed around will not be seen at all times. Additionally, by focusing on a few focal areas in each room, more space is made for glasses, cups and food plates and there is less chance of an accident.
* As guests leave, have a vase of loose flowers by the door and invite them to take one home as a gift.
For an elegant celebration, take advantage of all places where candles could be displayed:
* Line a walkway with votive candles in luminaries leading up to a door.
* Place garland on the mantle with fresh flowers and candles to beautifully grace your room and make the most of light by enhancing the fire.
* Float candles and flowers in treasured crystal or silver bowls to create a fabulous effect.
* Place scented candles with fresh blossoms in each powder room.
Source : http://aboutflowers.com/flower-holidays-occasions-a-parties/hanukkah/233-hanukkah-decorating-and-entertaining-ideas.html